After a successful Kickstarter debut, these packs are now available for order.
Classic and beautifully simple, the Extra Mile packs are heritage quality everyday bags, with a touch of contemporary design. After thousands of miles of riding, countless commutes, and more trips than we can remember—we are proud to offer a pack you can count on for years of service.
Individually, these bags are fantastic for anyone who needs a backpack or duffle for their everyday carry. Together, they make an eye-catching, all purpose combo that covers 90% of the trips we take. A matching pair will set you and your bags apart. Our Extra Mile Bags were inspired by Swiss military rucksacks used in the high Alps in the 1950s and 60s. Just like those, our bags use simple, fail-proof designs that focus on minimalistic practical features and heavy duty craftsmanship. Weather resistant, 18oz waxed canvas, full grain leather, and stitch-and-rivet construction make the extra mile bags practically indestructible.
It's in the details:
- At a lean 20L, the drawstring rucksack is perfect for school, work, or an overnight trip. Rucksack dimensions are 18 1/2" tall x 16 1/2" wide x 6 1/2" deep.
- At 30L, the duffle is great for a trip to the gym, or a weekend away. Dimensions are 20" wide x 10" tall x 11" deep.
- 18oz heavy duty waxed canvas: Long-loved for its rugged character., waxed canvas is a thick, 100% cotton fabric that's saturated in wax. It's the OG weatherproofing fabric.
- The leather thickness on our Extra Mile bags is 3 to 3.5mm
- Full Grain Vegetable Tanned Leather: all our straps and accents. The strongest, most durable, high grade leather we could get. It only gets better with age. It’s THICK. It’s durable. But it’s still breathable.
- Honeycomb Ripstop Lining: The main compartment comes with a laptop sleeve, a zippered pocket for your electronics and admin pockets to keep you organized, all in a honeycomb ripstop lining that totally pops. The lining is light, durable, and easy to wipe clean, giving these bags a distinctive look.
- Brass Metal Hardware: No dinky, easily broken, plastic buckles, zippers, or hardware on these bags. We went all metal to make sure these bags last.
- Bottom Lash Tabs: Got something too large to fit in your bag? No problem. Extra Mile Bags have two full-grain leather lash tabs. These let you tie down a tripod, jacket, boots, bedroll, or tent to the bottom of your bag.
- Pockets: Two exterior side pockets are great for water bottles and a full size 'journal pocket' on the front gives you easy access to your tablet, book, or snacks, without having to open the main compartment.
Take our Extra Mile Bags for a spin and let us know what you think.